Friday, February 28, 2014

Milk Glass

About once a week, I visit Goodwill or the Habitat Restore looking for milk glass.
Gosh, even as I say this I am realizing it sounds a bit strange.  I enjoy independent movies, I love reading memoirs, I listen to an eclectic mix of music and yes, I like to look for milk glass.  It's fun because every find feels like a magical surprise.The best part is when I look at the price tag. Milk glass is not expensive-not at Goodwill and not on any online bidding sites.  I bought every piece of milk glass for under $3.
Today, I found two small pieces.
A delicate cup and saucer and I believe, a trivet.


 I have found the pieces I own to be quite useful. I use them in the bathroom to hold cottonballs/q-tips, toothbrushes and small pieces of jewelry.


So for under $9 total, I have a matching set of bathroom accessories.

I would really like to find some bigger pieces one day.  I think I may have to break the $3 budget though for something like this:
Vintage milk glass cake stand, Fenton hobnail, wedding cake pedestal, white ruffle cake stand



or this:
Milkglass hobnail ruffled vase

I will keep you posted as I grow my collection:)  Does anyone else collect milk glass?  If so, I would love to see some pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment