Monday, March 10, 2014

Knobs

Oh knobs.  What a difference a few knobs can make.  A few weeks ago, I refinished this console dresser.  My mother had given it to me a couple of years ago.  It was actually from Anthropologie, but after some time I no longer liked the dark, papered finish.  I have been searching for a before with no luck.  Well, here is the after.  I used Baked Brie from Behr latex paint in a semi-gloss finish.  I rolled and painted the paint on.  I did not put a finish on it, although I love Minwax Finishing Paste which I did use on the dresser below.  To finish it off I found these cute pulls from Pier One.  They were only about $4 a piece.


I had also repainted another dresser which we have in our bedroom.  Unfortunately, it is also functioning as a tv stand.  I would get rid of the tv, but I can't live without a bit of HGTV at night before bed:)  I had spray painted the previous knobs with Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint and they looked good, but did not fit the dresser.  They were very loose.  I decided to go back to Pier One and take a looksee.  There in a clearance basket sat some lovely knobs for under $2 each!  I picked these:


I left the first knobs on the dresser thinking they would look good together, but as I looked and looked, I realized the dresser will look better with uniform pulls.I will be going back for two more.  



Don't the the dark blue and white look so lovely with the turquoise?  I think so:)

No comments:

Post a Comment